- Spend more time studying and less time fiddling with your Bible software. PocketBible presents your library to you in an organized, intuitive way. You'll see your Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries and devotionals all on one screen, along with a panel showing your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and search results. Windows are always tiled so nothing is hidden.
- To get started with PocketBible, just start typing! With a Bible window active, you can simply type a verse reference and the program takes you there. Or type "find john the baptist" to quickly find everywhere John the Baptist is mentioned.
- Context-sensitive menus take the guesswork out of using PocketBible. Right-click anywhere in a Bible or book to get a menu of all valid actions.
- Simply type a word or phrase to instantly find everywhere it occurs in your entire library. Options include the ability to limit searches to specific ranges of Bible verses, search only your highlighted verses, or search your notes.
- View your Bibles side-by-side for helpful comparisons of different translations.
- Personalize your Bibles and books with notes, bookmarks and color highlights.
- Change the appearance of open Bibles and books to suit your preferences.
PocketBible for Windows
If you are already a Laridian customer, log in above and we can tell you if you own this product.
This product is only available for Windows Desktop.
PocketBible for Windows Desktop is Bible software designed to make your Bible study easier, more convenient and more productive on your Windows 7 (or earlier) computer. You an use it on Windows 8 or later, but to take advantage of the full features of these newer versions of Windows, you should try PocketBible for Windows Store.
This edition of PocketBible allows you to open and compare multiple Bibles on the screen, perform complex searches, take notes, highlight Bible verses, and set bookmarks. Copy and paste text into your word processor or other app. And expand your library from the large selection of add-on Bibles and reference books.
Fast and Easy Navigation of your Bibles and Books
Whether you're a "mouse" or a "keyboard" person, PocketBible features a variety of "no-nonsense" ways to navigate through your Bibles and books.
- "Type-n-go" keyboard commands
- Just type a Bible reference to go there.
- Type find and a word to find everywhere that word occurs.
- Type lookup and a word to look up its definition.
- Type copy and a Bible reference to copy that verse to the clipboard.
- And more!
- Context menus - Right-click on a verse to see all the things you can do with that verse.
- Customizable toolbar
PocketBible acts like a concordance to help you find anything in the Bible by word or phrase. You can also search reference books and your own notes in the same way.
- Instant Find - Right-click on any word or phrase you see on the screen and choose "Find" to see everywhere that word or phrase occurs.
- Boolean Searches - Find a passage even if you only remember a few words. Use AND, OR, NOT and XOR to perform searches like:
- "Jesus AND Peter" to find everywhere Jesus and Peter are mentioned in the same verse.
- "Paul OR Saul" to find references to the Apostle Paul under either name.
- Phrase Searches - Find any phrase ("John the Baptist") or combine phrases with words using Boolean operators.
- Wildcard Searches - Find words with any ending ("bapt*"), any prefix ("*ful") or any characters in the middle ("un*ness"). Use ? to match a single character ("?aul" for "Paul" or "Saul").
- Narrow your searches by specifying highlight colors or bookmark categories you've created.
Built-in Study Tools
PocketBible makes short work of common Bible study tasks.
- Organized workspace - PocketBible assigns types of books to specific windows (i.e. Bibles, Commentaries, Dictionaries, Devotionals and other). You can have up to 16 books of one type open in each window. Open books are indicated with tabs so you can quickly move between titles. PocketBible keeps your windows "tiled" at all times so you will never have one book partially obscured by another book. Spend your time studying, not managing your Bible software.
- Parallel Bibles - view multiple Bible translations side by side. Keep reference material open and synchronized with your Bibles.
- Instant cross-references - Hover over any Bible reference included in the text to view the text of that verse.
- Quick lookup - right-click on any word to do a quick search of the current book or look up a definition.
- Word study - add one of our Bible translations with Strong's numbers and simply hover over any Strong's number with your mouse to view a transliteration and definition of the original language word. You can use Strong's numbers in your searches.
- Track daily Bible reading - track your progress through Bible reading plans and daily devotionals. Instantly reschedule if you fall behind.
- Copy Passage to Word Processor - Easily copy verses or passages to your word processor or other program using the right-click menu or keyboard commands.
Personalize PocketBible with Notes, Bookmarks and Highlights
PocketBible gives you powerful tools for recording your thoughts and keeping track of what you learn.
- Add your own notes to any verse, or any passage in a reference book.
- Use straight text or HTML commands to format or add pictures, tables, etc.
- Bible references in your notes are automatically linked to the Bible text.
- Instantly view a list of all your notes.
- Search your notes for any word or phrase.
- Add a bookmark to any passage to make it easier to find later.
- Categorize bookmarks using any number of user-defined categories.
- Include bookmark categories in any search.
- Instantly view a list of all your bookmarks.
- Use color highlights, underline or strike-through to mark any text. 16 colors available.
- Instantly view a list of all verses you have marked.
- Optionally use marks to focus your searches.
Customize your PocketBible Workspace
Adjust PocketBible settings to make reading and studying easier, just the way you like it.
- Format appearance on a book-by-book level
- Words of Christ in red - turn on or off where available for the translation.
- Translator footnotes and cross-references - where available, turn on or off or expand in the text.
- Fonts and colors - changes fonts, colors (text color, background color, active text and active background), and other styles book by book.
- Set Preferred Books - specify default Bible, English dictionary, devotional, Greek dictionary and Hebrew dictionary.
- Personalize your Personalization window - changes fonts, colors (text color, background color), and other options for the window that displays your bookmarks, notes, highlights and searches.
Take your PocketBible Library With You!
PocketBible is USB flash drive compatible. Install the program and any Bibles and books you purchase to a USB flash drive and you can take PocketBible with you wherever you go. PocketBible is uniquely designed to run from a flash drive so you can take the program to any computer, stick the flash drive in and have access to your entire library with all your notes, highlights, and bookmarks.
Enjoy extensive help as you use the program. Tap the '?' icon on the main toolbar for concise but thorough help on all aspects of the program.
Requires Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10 or later. Download size: 4.875 MB.
The Fine Print
Copyright © 2010-2017 by Laridian, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Laridian and PocketBible are registered trademarks of Laridian, Inc. DailyReader, MyBible, Memorize!, PrayerPartner, eTract, BookBuilder, VerseLinker, iPocketBible, DocAnalyzer, Change the way you look at the Bible, and The Bible. Anywhere. are trademarks of Laridian, Inc. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
- You are viewing the mobile version of our website.
- You are not logged in.
- Your IP Address: 22.214.171.124
- Site IP Address: 172.31.0.14
Find us on Facebook
We announce new products via email. If you ask to be removed from any of our mailings, you will not receive these notifications. If your email address changes, make sure you change it here, too.
We post short instructional videos on our youtube channel.
There's detailed information about PocketBible for Android on Google+.
The Fine Print
Copyright © 2010-2017 by Laridian, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Laridian, PocketBible, and MyBible are registered trademarks of Laridian, Inc. DailyReader, Memorize!, PrayerPartner, eTract, BookBuilder, VerseLinker, iPocketBible, DocAnalyzer, Change the way you look at the Bible, and The Bible. Anywhere. are trademarks of Laridian, Inc. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Products by Platform
Bible Reader Software
- PocketBible for iPhone/iPad
- PocketBible for Mac OS X
- PocketBible for Android
- PocketBible for Windows Store
- PocketBible for Windows Phone
- PocketBible for Windows
- BookBuilder for Windows
- BookBuilder Pro for Windows
- BookBuilder for OS X
- BookBuilder Pro for OS X
- Self-Publishing Info
Products by Type
Best Ways to Get Help
You can get the fastest help by helping yourself.
- Make sure you obtain the PocketBible or other Bible reader program that is required to read the Bibles or books you bought.
- Read the confirmation email we send you when you make a purchase
- Read the help that's built into each of our products
- Look through our Frequently Asked Questions
- Chat with us using the chat widget below.
- Submit a Support Ticket
- Email us at email@example.com