If you are already a Laridian customer, log in above and we can tell you if you own this product.
To Purchase This Product
Choose your preferred platform from the list below to add the product to your shopping cart.
When you purchase this product you can install it on any plaform on which it is supported, onto any device you personally own or control. (View our “Buy-It-Once“ policy.) However, when purchasing you must choose the initial platform on which you'll be installing the product.
Nueva Version Internacional (NVI)
Santa Biblia, Nueva Version Internacional is a new translation of the Bible directly from the original languages--Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek--into contemporary Spanish.
Based on the success of the New International Version Bible (NIV) and requests to have the NIV translated into other languages, the International Bible Society produced the NVI. The NVI follows the same exegetical parameters and hermeneutic guidelines used by the 110 Bible scholars in the NIV English version. The NVI was their first translation into a different language.
The NVI offers Spanish-speaking believers and people at large a new version of the Scriptures done by a select and reliable group of competent evangelical Bible scholars. This version was translated directly from the original texts (Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek) into modern, clear and beautiful contemporary Spanish. In fact, the NVI is the first Bible ever to be translated totally into Spanish by a team of Latin American evangelical Bible scholars.
- Old Testament and New Testament with chapter and section headings
- Translator footnotes with cross-references
- Preface, glossary and appendices
- Faithfulness to the text, meaning, and original message of the sacred writers, plus the dignity and elegance of the Spanish language seeking at the same time to be within the reach of a large majority of readers.
- Translation Principles:
- An absolute reverence of the divine Word, and a sound faith in it.
- A genuine desire that today's reader may be able to read the living Word of God in a fresh, dignified and current Spanish.
- Eagerness to present the message of the Word as clear, simple and natural like when the Holy Spirit inspired the original text.
- A painstaking concern so that the NVI language might keep the dignity and beauty due to the inspired Word.
- The exegetical and hermeneutic principles used in today's most well-known, accepted and used English Bible, the New International Bible (NIV), were closely observed.
Dichoso el hombre que no sigue el consejo de los malvados, ni se detiene en la senda de los pecadores ni cultiva la amistad de los blasfemos,
Porque tanto amó Dios al mundo, que dio a su Hijo unigénito, para que todo el que cree en él no se pierda, sino que tenga vida eterna.
2 Timoteo 3:16-17
Toda la Escritura es inspirada por Dios y útil para enseñar, para reprender, para corregir y para instruir en la justicia, a fin de que el siervo de Dios esté enteramente capacitado para toda buena obra.
Lo tomé de la mano del ángel y me lo comí. Me supo dulce como la miel, pero al comérmelo se me amargaron las entrañas.
About the Author(s)
The Committee on Bible Translation responsible for the NVI is composed of renown pastors and professors knowledgeable in different biblical areas: Old and New Testament, history, anthropology, semantics, linguistics and other disciplines. All of them have good command of one, two or three of the original languages of the Bible: Aramaic, Hebrew and Greek. But above all, they fervently believe in the Word of God, and recognize it as eternal and unerring revelation.
In addition, they are representatives of over ten Hispanic American countries. Some live and work in the United States, but most of them carry out their teaching and preaching ministry in Latin America. Lastly, they represent a wide range of evangelical churches and denominations, among them Assemblies of God and other Pentecostal branches, the Presbyterian, Lutheran, Mennonite, Baptist, the Central American Church and others.
The International Bible Society (publisher) is a Christian evangelical organization, which for near two hundred years has been dedicated to the translation, publication and distribution of the Bible, with the sole purpose that many people may come to the knowledge of Jesus Christ and accept His salvation, and through the study of the Holy Scriptures, they may grow in faith and become authentic disciples of the Master. The IBS ministry of translating, publishing and distributing the Scriptures in hundreds of languages has spread to 44 countries around the world providing churches, individuals and institutions with program of evangelism and discipleship, and a vast array of bibles, new testaments and other scriptures and materials for evangelism and discipleship.
Installed size (unless otherwise indicated): Approximately 5.875 MB. iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Requires iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad running iOS 5.0 or later. Download size: 5.875 MB. Android Requires Android OS 2.2 or later. Download size: 5.875 MB. Windows Phone Requires Windows Phone 7.5 or later. Download size: 5.875 MB. Windows Store Download size: 5.875 MB. Windows Desktop Requires Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, or later. Download size: 3.625 MB. Mac OS X Requires Mac OS X 10.7 or later. Download size: 5.875 MB. Windows Mobile Requires Pocket PC / Windows Mobile version 6.5 or earlier. Download size: 3.125 MB. webOS Requires webOS 1.4.5 or later. Download/Installed size: 4.875 MB.
The Fine Print
Copyright © 2010-2015 by Laridian, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Laridian, PocketBible, and MyBible are registered trademarks of Laridian, Inc. DailyReader, Memorize!, PrayerPartner, eTract, BookBuilder, VerseLinker, iPocketBible, DocAnalyzer, Change the way you look at the Bible, and The Bible. Anywhere. are trademarks of Laridian, Inc. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
- You are viewing the mobile version of our website.
- You are not logged in.
- Your IP Address: 188.8.131.52
- Site IP Address: 172.31.0.14
Find us on Facebook
Devoted Laridian fans watch our blog for the latest news, including comments on as-yet-unreleased and unannounced products.
We post short instructional videos on our youtube channel.
There's detailed information about PocketBible for Android on Google+.
We don't keep lists of potential beta testers. Just watch the blog.
The Fine Print
Copyright © 2010-2015 by Laridian, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Products by Platform
Bible Reader Software
- PocketBible for iPhone/iPad
- PocketBible for Mac OS X
- PocketBible for Android
- PocketBible for Windows Store
- PocketBible for Windows Phone
- PocketBible for Windows
- BookBuilder for Windows
- BookBuilder Pro for Windows
- BookBuilder for OS X
- BookBuilder Pro for OS X
- Self-Publishing Info
Products by Type
Best Ways to Get Help
You can get the fastest help by helping yourself.
- Make sure you obtain the PocketBible or other Bible reader program that is required to read the Bibles or books you bought.
- Read the confirmation email we send you when you make a purchase
- Read the help that's built into each of our products
- Look through our Frequently Asked Questions
- Submit a Support Ticket
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Laridian Associates Program
Associates Program members earn a referral fee for every sale resulting from their links to our site!
Log Into Your Download Account to Join the Associates Program