Get PocketBible Now
This product can be downloaded directly to your Mac using OS X 10.7 or later.
Watch instructions (links to QuickTime video) or follow steps below:
- Download the PocketBible disk image (click on button above)
- Locate PocketBible.dmg in your Downloads folder and double-click to run it
- Agree to the License Agreement
- Drag the PocketBible icon into your Applications folder
- To run PocketBible, locate it in your Applications folder and double-click to run it
- Enter a Bible reference to go there instantly. Conveniently consult related commentary and Bible maps in your library (may be sold separately).
- Search your Bibles and books for any word or phrase. Results are sorted by relevance.
- Right click on a verse to get a context sensitive menu that lets you highlight, bookmark, annotate and more.
- Record what you learn by adding rich text notes to any verse in the Bible and to reference books.
- Study the words of the Bible by adding a Strong's numbered Bible to your library. Tap on any Strong's number to view a transliteration and definition of the original language word (books sold separately).
- Adjust PocketBible preferences to read and study just the way you like.
- Expand your library at any time through our in-app bookstore. Download books directly into PocketBible and start studying right away.
PocketBible for Mac OS X
It began with a Kickstarter campaign and now this user-supported app is our most powerful and customizable version of PocketBible yet! PocketBible for Mac OS X was built upon our many years of experience developing Bible software along with valuable input from PocketBible users. The final result is an app that may tempt even the most casual PocketBible user to buy a Mac.
PocketBible for Mac makes it easy to get started studying the Bible. Download the free app directly to your Mac OS X 10.7 or later device. The KJV Bible is included with the app. The first time you open PocketBible, you'll be prompted to register. If applicable, do so using your existing Laridian account info, so you can download past purchases into PocketBible for Mac at no charge. If you're new to PocketBible, you'll get instant access to a libary of 40+ free Bibles and books including World English Bible, Matthew Henry Concise Commentary, Easton's Bible Dictionary, Nave's Topical Bible, Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, Bible reading plans and more. You can expand your library at any time via our in-app bookstore.
Powerful, Customizable and Mobile
PocketBible for Mac offers everything you'd expect in a Bible study application and more!
- Fast and easy navigation of your Bibles and Books
- Powerful searching that gives you fast results! Just type in any word or phrase and PocketBible will lead you to the most likely answer.
- NEW! A convenient Study Panel and pre-set screen layouts help you get started with your studies.
- Easy-to-use note-taking, highlighting and bookmarking to keep track of what you learn.
Study anywhere by installing PocketBible to your Mac as well as your smartphone and tablet (see compatible versions of PocketBible under Products menu). Now you can enjoy powerful Bible study on all your personal devices!
Fast and Easy Navigation of your Bibles and Books
Whether you're a "mouse" or a "keyboard" person, PocketBible features a variety of "no-nonsense" ways to navigate through your Bibles and books.
- Study Panel - this optional window can be used as your Bible study hub. Tabs for GoTo, Find, Notes, Bookmarks and Highlights make it easy to navigate through your library. It is your guide to making new discoveries about God's Word and keeping track of where you've already been.
- Context menus - Right-click on a verse to see all the things you can do with that verse.
- Customizable toolbar - put your most-used items on the toolbar.
- Keyboard shortcuts - if you like the keyboard, we've included plenty of shortcuts to common tasks.
PocketBible acts like a concordance to locate anything in the Bible by word or phrase. You can search other types of books and your own notes in the same way.
- Smarter Searching - enter a word or phrase in PocketBible and you'll get results sorted by relevance automatically (i.e. exact match, close match, sounds like, same root). No special operators or wildcards needed!
- Narrow your searches by specifying highlight colors, bookmark categories or pre-set portions of the Bible (i.e. New Testament, Pentateuch).
- Strong's Number search - type in a specific Strong's number to find places the word was translated that same way in the Bible.
Built-in Study Tools
PocketBible makes common Bible study tasks a pleasure.
- Customizable workspace - Set up PocketBible exactly how you like it! Choose from a variety of pre-set screen layouts for your Bibles and books. Open any number of books in each window and drag titles from one pane to another. You can also re-size and split panes.
- Parallel Bibles - view multiple Bible translations side by side. Keep reference material open and synchronized with your Bibles.
- Easy cross-references - Click on Bible references in the text to view related verses in context.
- Quick lookup - right-click on any word to do a quick search of the current book or look up a definition.
- Word study - add a Bible translations with Strong's numbers and view a transliteration and definition of the original language word with one click (dictionary may be sold separately). Use Strong's numbers in your searches.
- Track daily Bible reading - track your progress through Bible reading plans and daily devotionals. Instantly re-schedule if you fall behind.
- Share Verses - copy verses or passages to other apps using the right-click menu or keyboard commands.
Personalize PocketBible with Notes, Bookmarks and Highlights
PocketBible gives you powerful tools for recording your thoughts and keeping track of what you learn.
- Add your own notes to any verse in the Bible or passage in a reference book.
- NEW! WYSYWIG/rich text editing means you can format text as easy as your word processor (no HTML knowledge needed!)
- Bible references in your notes are automatically linked to the Bible text.
- Instantly view a list of all your notes.
- Search your notes for any word or phrase.
- Add a bookmark to any verse to make it easier to find later.
- Create your own categories for your bookmarks and use in your searches.
- Browse through a list of all your bookmarks.
- Use color highlights or underline to mark any text. 16 colors available.
- Instantly view a list of all verses you have marked and optionally use marks to focus your searches.
- Sync your personal data with the Laridian Cloud so notes, bookmarks and highlights are current across all your compatible devices where you are using PocketBible. Optionally turn on automatic synchronization and you won't have to think about it again.
Customize your PocketBible Experience
Adjust PocketBible preferences to read and study just the way you like to.
- Format appearance on a book-by-book level
- Bible Settings - turn Words of Christ in red, translator footnotes, cross-references and Strong's Numbers on/off (where available). Choose to indent poetry or view Bible text one line per verse.
- Fonts and colors - changes fonts, colors (text color, background color, active text and active background), and other styles book by book.
- Set Preferred Books - specify default Bible, English dictionary, devotional, Greek dictionary and Hebrew dictionary.
Step up to Advanced Features
Additional features are available for PocketBible via the Advanced Feature Set.
- Journal notes - add a note to the app that is not connected to any verse or book section.
- Automatic Study - let PocketBible do the work for you!
- Library Navigator - shows you everywhere in your library that the current Bible verse is discussed.
- Verse Autostudy - shows everything in your library on a specific verse.
- Word Autostudy - shows everything in your library on a specific word or topic.
- And much more!
Take your PocketBible Library with you everywhere!
Keep your PocketBible library with you at all times by putting PocketBible on your smartphone and tablet too! PocketBible is free to download to your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, Android OS phone or tablet, Windows Phone or Windows tablet or PC (Windows 7 version also available). Your purchased books can be used on all your personal devices at no additional charge. Use the built-in synchronization to keep your personal data (i.e. notes, bookmarks, reading progress) current on each device.
Requires Mac OS X 10.7 or later.
The Fine Print
Copyright © 2010-2017 by Laridian, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Laridian and PocketBible are registered trademarks of Laridian, Inc. DailyReader, MyBible, Memorize!, PrayerPartner, eTract, BookBuilder, VerseLinker, iPocketBible, DocAnalyzer, Change the way you look at the Bible, and The Bible. Anywhere. are trademarks of Laridian, Inc. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
- You are viewing the mobile version of our website.
- You are not logged in.
- Your IP Address: 126.96.36.199
- Site IP Address: 172.31.0.14
Find us on Facebook
We announce new products via email. If you ask to be removed from any of our mailings, you will not receive these notifications. If your email address changes, make sure you change it here, too.
We post short instructional videos on our youtube channel.
There's detailed information about PocketBible for Android on Google+.
The Fine Print
Copyright © 2010-2017 by Laridian, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Laridian, PocketBible, and MyBible are registered trademarks of Laridian, Inc. DailyReader, Memorize!, PrayerPartner, eTract, BookBuilder, VerseLinker, iPocketBible, DocAnalyzer, Change the way you look at the Bible, and The Bible. Anywhere. are trademarks of Laridian, Inc. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Products by Platform
Bible Reader Software
- PocketBible for iPhone/iPad
- PocketBible for Mac OS X
- PocketBible for Android
- PocketBible for Windows Store
- PocketBible for Windows Phone
- PocketBible for Windows
- BookBuilder for Windows
- BookBuilder Pro for Windows
- BookBuilder for OS X
- BookBuilder Pro for OS X
- Self-Publishing Info
Products by Type
Best Ways to Get Help
You can get the fastest help by helping yourself.
- Make sure you obtain the PocketBible or other Bible reader program that is required to read the Bibles or books you bought.
- Read the confirmation email we send you when you make a purchase
- Read the help that's built into each of our products
- Look through our Frequently Asked Questions
- Chat with us using the chat widget below.
- Submit a Support Ticket
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org