If you are already a Laridian customer, log in above and we can tell you if you own this product.
This product is also available in the following bundles or collections:
To Purchase This Product
Choose your preferred platform from the list below to add the product to your shopping cart.
When you purchase this product you can install it on any plaform on which it is supported, onto any device you personally own or control. (View our “Buy-It-Once“ policy.) However, when purchasing you must choose the initial platform on which you'll be installing the product.
Reviews on Amazon.com
Learn more about this product: Search Amazon.com for print editions.
Bible Knowledge Commentary
The Bible Knowledge Commentary is an exposition of the scriptures by Dallas Theological Seminary faculty. Based on the New International Version of the Bible, it gives you verse-by-verse commentary for the New Testament and thorough coverage of the Old Testament.
The Bible Knowledge Commentary is for everyone who wants a comprehensive and reliable commentary on the entire Bible. It is an excellent tool for personal Bible study and presents fresh insights into the scriptures that are helpful for beginning and advanced students of the Bible.
- Covers the entire Bible
- Verse-by-verse (often phrase-by-phrase) comments for the New Testament
- Passage-by-passage (sometimes verse-by-verse) comments for the Old Testament
- Book introductions discuss authorship, date, purpose, unity, style and unique features of each book
- In-depth comments focus on what is important for understanding each verse or passage. In their comments, the writers:
- Carefully and clearly explain original language words, problem passages, puzzling Bible-time customs and alleged contradictions.
- Consistently interpet the scriptures from the grammatical-historical and premillenial perspective. (Varying views of passages are often presented where differences of opinion exist within evangelical scholarship.)
- Explanatory charts illustrate the meaning of the biblical text (maps and diagrams from printed version are not included)
- Based on the New International Version of the Bible but useful with any translation
From the Preface
Why another Bible commentary when so many commentaries are already available? Several features make this two-volume set a distinctive Bible study tool.
First, The Bible Knowledge Commentary is written by faculty members of one school: Dallas Theological Seminary. This commentary interprets the Scriptures consistently from the grammatical-historical approach and from the pretribulational, premillennial perspective, for which Dallas Seminary is well known. At the same time, the authors often present various views of passages where differences of opinion exist within evangelical scholarship.
Second, this is the first two-volume commentary to be based on the New International Version of the Holy Bible (1978 ed.). The NIV is widely accepted as a translation that faithfully renders the biblical text into clear modern-day English. The Bible Knowledge Commentary thus becomes immediately useful as a companion to one's personal Bible study.
Third, this commentary has features that not all commentaries include. (a) In their comments on the biblical text, the writers discuss how the purpose of the book unfolds, how each part fits with the whole and with what precedes and follows it. This helps readers see why the biblical authors chose the material they did as their words were guided by the Holy Spirit's inspiration. (b) Problem passages, puzzling Bible-time customs, and alleged contradictions are carefully considered and discussed. (c) Insights from the latest in conservative biblical scholarship are incorporated in this volume. (d) Many Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek words, important to the understanding of certain passages, are discussed. These words are transliterated for the benefit of readers not proficient in the biblical languages. Yet those who do know these languages will also appreciate these comments. (e) Dozens of diagrams are included; they are placed conveniently with the Bible passages being discussed, not at the end of the volume. (f) Numerous cross references to related or parallel passages are included with the discussions on many passages.
About the Author(s)
The Bible Knowledge Commentary is an exposition of the Scriptures written entirely by Dallas Theological Seminary faculty. The Dallas Theological Seminary is noted for its commitment to the inerrancy of the Scriptures, dispensational theology, and biblical teaching and preaching. Editors were John F. Walvoord and Roy B. Zuck. Consulting editors were Kenneth L. Barker, Eugene H. Merrill and Stanley D. Toussaint. Contributors include Gene A. Getz, J. Dwight Pentecost, John D. Hannah and other noted Bible scholars.
Installed size (unless otherwise indicated): Approximately 11.625 MB. iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Requires iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad running latest version of iOS. Download size: 11.625 MB. Android Requires Android OS 4.0 or later. Download size: 11.625 MB. Windows Phone Requires Windows Phone 7.5 or later. Download size: 11.625 MB. Windows Store Download size: 11.625 MB. Windows Desktop Requires Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10 or later. Download size: 8.625 MB. Mac OS X Requires Mac OS X 10.8 or later. Download size: 11.625 MB.
The Fine Print
Copyright © 2010-2017 by Laridian, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Laridian and PocketBible are registered trademarks of Laridian, Inc. DailyReader, MyBible, Memorize!, PrayerPartner, eTract, BookBuilder, VerseLinker, iPocketBible, DocAnalyzer, Change the way you look at the Bible, and The Bible. Anywhere. are trademarks of Laridian, Inc. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
- You are viewing the mobile version of our website.
- You are not logged in.
- Your IP Address: 184.108.40.206
- Site IP Address: 172.31.0.14
Find us on Facebook
We announce new products via email. If you ask to be removed from any of our mailings, you will not receive these notifications. If your email address changes, make sure you change it here, too.
We post short instructional videos on our youtube channel.
There's detailed information about PocketBible for Android on Google+.
The Fine Print
Copyright © 2010-2017 by Laridian, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Laridian, PocketBible, and MyBible are registered trademarks of Laridian, Inc. DailyReader, Memorize!, PrayerPartner, eTract, BookBuilder, VerseLinker, iPocketBible, DocAnalyzer, Change the way you look at the Bible, and The Bible. Anywhere. are trademarks of Laridian, Inc. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Products by Platform
Bible Reader Software
- PocketBible for iPhone/iPad
- PocketBible for Mac OS X
- PocketBible for Android
- PocketBible for Windows Store
- PocketBible for Windows Phone
- PocketBible for Windows
- BookBuilder for Windows
- BookBuilder Pro for Windows
- BookBuilder for OS X
- BookBuilder Pro for OS X
- Self-Publishing Info
Products by Type
Best Ways to Get Help
You can get the fastest help by helping yourself.
- Make sure you obtain the PocketBible or other Bible reader program that is required to read the Bibles or books you bought.
- Read the confirmation email we send you when you make a purchase
- Read the help that's built into each of our products
- Look through our Frequently Asked Questions
- Chat with us using the chat widget below.
- Submit a Support Ticket
- Email us at email@example.com