- Spend more time studying and less time fiddling with your Bible software. PocketBible presents your library to you in an organized, intuitive way. You'll see your Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries and devotionals all on one screen, along with a panel showing your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and search results. Windows are always tiled so nothing is hidden.
- To get started with PocketBible, just start typing! With a Bible window active, you can simply type a verse reference and the program takes you there. Or type "find john the baptist" to quickly find everywhere John the Baptist is mentioned.
- Context-sensitive menus take the guesswork out of using PocketBible. Right-click anywhere in a Bible or book to get a menu of all valid actions.
- Simply type a word or phrase to instantly find everywhere it occurs in your entire library. Options include the ability to limit searches to specific ranges of Bible verses, search only your highlighted verses, or search your notes.
- View your Bibles side-by-side for helpful comparisons of different translations.
- Personalize your Bibles and books with notes, bookmarks and color highlights.
- Change the appearance of open Bibles and books to suit your preferences.
PocketBible Library 2013 Gold Edition (Download)
If you are already a Laridian customer, log in above and we can tell you if you own this product.
The PocketBible Library 2013 Gold Edition builds on the contents of the PocketBible Library 2013 Silver Edition with advanced reference material. You can consult unique theological references. Explore the Greek and Hebrew behind individual Bible words. And much more! You save 69% over purchasing separately!
Compare All PocketBible Library Bundles
* Smartphone and tablet access limited to device types we support and features vary by platform. Not all books are available for all the platforms we offer. Additional discounts not applicable to Library editions because they are already deeply discounted.
Contains 97 Bibles and Bible reference books to jump start your Bible study:
- Twenty-One Bibles
- New International Version
- New Living Translation
- New American Standard Bible with Strong's Numbers
- King James Version with Strong's Numbers
- SBL Greek New Testamaent
- American Standard Version
- Bible in Basic English
- Darby's New Translation
- Geneva Bible (New Testament)
- Webster's Bible
- Weymouth Bible
- World English Bible
- Young's Literal Translation
- La Biblia de las Américas
- Nueva Biblia Latinoamericana de Hoy
- English Standard Version
- New King James Version
- New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) with Apocrypha
- The Amplified Bible
- The NET Bible (with notes)
- Holman Christian Standard Bible with Strong's Numbers
- Twenty-Two Bible Commentaries
- Tyndale Bible Commentary
- Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible by Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown
- Concise Commentary on the Whole Bible by Matthew Henry
- Reference Notes by Scofield
- Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
- IVP Bible Background Commentary: New Testament
- IVP Bible Background Commentary: Old Testament
- New Bible Commentary
- Bible Knowledge Commentary (OT and NT volumes)
- Darby's Synopsis of the Books of the Bible
- Robertson's Word Pictures in the New Testament (6 volumes)
- New Testament Sermon Starters (4 volumes)
- Barnes Notes on the Bible
- Nineteen Dictionaries
- Tyndale Bible Dictionary
- NASB Strong's Greek Dictionary
- NASB Strong's Hebrew Dictionary
- KJV Strong's Greek Dictionary
- KJV Strong's Hebrew Dictionary
- Easton's Bible Dictionary
- Laridian English Dictionary
- Nave's Topical Bible
- Hitchcock's Dictionary of Bible Names
- Torrey's Topical Textbook
- Condensed Bible Cyclopedia
- New Bible Dictionary
- New Dictionary of Theology
- New Dictionary of Biblical Theology
- Dictionary of Bible Themes
- Complete Word Study Dictionary: New Testament
- Complete Word Study Dictionary: Old Testament
- Pocket Dictionary for the Study of New Testament Greek
- Pocket Dictionary for the Study of Biblical Hebrew
- Eighteen Other Bible Reference Books
- Seventeen Devotional Reading Books
- Morning and Evening Devotionals by Spurgeon
- Daily Light on the Daily Path
- Seven “Through the Bible” Reading Plans
- Professor Grant Horner's Bible Reading System
- M'Cheyne One-Year Bible Reading Plan
- Scottish Metrical Psalms with Notes by John Brown
- My Utmost for His Highest
- One Year Chronological Reading Plan
- Walking with God
- One Year Book of Hymns
- Experiencing God Day-by-Day
Compare All PocketBible Library Bundles
Fast and Easy Navigation of your Bibles and Books
Whether you're a "mouse" or a "keyboard" person, PocketBible features a variety of "no-nonsense" ways to navigate through your Bibles and books.
- "Type-n-go" keyboard commands
- Just type a Bible reference to go there.
- Type find and a word to find everywhere that word occurs.
- Type lookup and a word to look up its definition.
- Type copy and a Bible reference to copy that verse to the clipboard.
- And more!
- Context menus - Right-click on a verse to see all the things you can do with that verse.
- Customizable toolbar
PocketBible acts like a concordance to help you find anything in the Bible by word or phrase. You can also search reference books and your own notes in the same way.
- Instant Find - Right-click on any word or phrase you see on the screen and choose "Find" to see everywhere that word or phrase occurs.
- Boolean Searches - Find a passage even if you only remember a few words. Use AND, OR, NOT and XOR to perform searches like:
- "Jesus AND Peter" to find everywhere Jesus and Peter are mentioned in the same verse.
- "Paul OR Saul" to find references to the Apostle Paul under either name.
- Phrase Searches - Find any phrase ("John the Baptist") or combine phrases with words using Boolean operators.
- Wildcard Searches - Find words with any ending ("bapt*"), any prefix ("*ful") or any characters in the middle ("un*ness"). Use ? to match a single character ("?aul" for "Paul" or "Saul").
- Narrow your searches by specifying highlight colors or bookmark categories you've created.
Built-in Study Tools
PocketBible makes short work of common Bible study tasks.
- Organized workspace - PocketBible assigns types of books to specific windows (i.e. Bibles, Commentaries, Dictionaries, Devotionals and other). You can have up to 16 books of one type open in each window. Open books are indicated with tabs so you can quickly move between titles. PocketBible keeps your windows "tiled" at all times so you will never have one book partially obscured by another book. Spend your time studying, not managing your Bible software.
- Parallel Bibles - view multiple Bible translations side by side. Keep reference material open and synchronized with your Bibles.
- Instant cross-references - Hover over any Bible reference included in the text to view the text of that verse.
- Quick lookup - right-click on any word to do a quick search of the current book or look up a definition.
- Word study - add one of our Bible translations with Strong's numbers and simply hover over any Strong's number with your mouse to view a transliteration and definition of the original language word. You can use Strong's numbers in your searches.
- Track daily Bible reading - track your progress through Bible reading plans and daily devotionals. Instantly reschedule if you fall behind.
- Copy Passage to Word Processor - Easily copy verses or passages to your word processor or other program using the right-click menu or keyboard commands.
Personalize PocketBible with Notes, Bookmarks and Highlights
PocketBible gives you powerful tools for recording your thoughts and keeping track of what you learn.
- Add your own notes to any verse, or any passage in a reference book.
- Use straight text or HTML commands to format or add pictures, tables, etc.
- Bible references in your notes are automatically linked to the Bible text.
- Instantly view a list of all your notes.
- Search your notes for any word or phrase.
- Add a bookmark to any passage to make it easier to find later.
- Categorize bookmarks using any number of user-defined categories.
- Include bookmark categories in any search.
- Instantly view a list of all your bookmarks.
- Use color highlights, underline or strike-through to mark any text. 16 colors available.
- Instantly view a list of all verses you have marked.
- Optionally use marks to focus your searches.
Customize your PocketBible Workspace
Adjust PocketBible settings to make reading and studying easier, just the way you like it.
- Format appearance on a book-by-book level
- Words of Christ in red - turn on or off where available for the translation.
- Translator footnotes and cross-references - where available, turn on or off or expand in the text.
- Fonts and colors - changes fonts, colors (text color, background color, active text and active background), and other styles book by book.
- Set Preferred Books - specify default Bible, English dictionary, devotional, Greek dictionary and Hebrew dictionary.
- Personalize your Personalization window - changes fonts, colors (text color, background color), and other options for the window that displays your bookmarks, notes, highlights and searches.
Take your PocketBible Library With You!
Here are two ways you can keep your PocketBible library with you at all times:
- PocketBible is USB Flash Drive Compatible
- Install the program and any Bibles and books you purchase to a USB flash drive and you can take PocketBible with you wherever you go. PocketBible is uniquely designed to run from a flash drive so you can take the program to any computer—home, office, library, airport—stick the USB drive in and have access to your entire library with all your notes, bookmarks, etc.
- Choose the USB delivery option on the order form, and we'll put your PocketBible program and library on a USB flash drive and ship it to you
- Have a mobile device? - You can use the Bibles and books you purchase for PocketBible for Windows on your mobile phone or PDA in conjunction with any Laridian Bible program. Plus, you can synchronize your notes, highlights, bookmarks and reading plan/devotional progress between PocketBible for Windows and your mobile device.
Enjoy extensive HELP as you use the program. Tap the '?' icon on the main toolbar for concise but thorough help on all aspects of the program.
Find us on Facebook
Devoted Laridian fans watch our blog for the latest news, including comments on as-yet-unreleased and unannounced products.
We post short instructional videos on our youtube channel.
There's detailed information about PocketBible for Android on Google+.
We don't keep lists of potential beta testers. Just watch the blog.
The Fine Print
Copyright © 2010-2015 by Laridian, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Laridian, PocketBible, and MyBible are registered trademarks of Laridian, Inc. DailyReader, Memorize!, PrayerPartner, eTract, BookBuilder, VerseLinker, iPocketBible, DocAnalyzer, Change the way you look at the Bible, and The Bible. Anywhere. are trademarks of Laridian, Inc. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Products by Platform
Bible Reader Software
Products by Type
Best Ways to Get Help
You can get the fastest help by helping yourself.
Laridian Associates Program
Associates Program members earn a referral fee for every sale resulting from their links to our site!
Log Into Your Download Account to Join the Associates Program